- How to add Subscription Curly bracket in Page Templates
- How to configure the Background Tasks
- How to define the message Notify Me by an administrator
- Notification email and tell a friend to share via social
- Add or remove Share options
- Modifying the Subscription Template
- Adding more Share options
Adding Notify Me to a Page
How to add Subscription Curly bracket in Page Templates
- Go to the Admin site:http://webed9.customercommunity.com.au/Admin
- In Admin >> Page Content >> Look and Feel >> Page Templates.
- Every page has "Tell me when this page is updated" text at the end of the page and test the
- Click More and search with the Sub keyword
- Click Subscription icon
- The curly bracket will be inserted into the content
How to configure the Background Tasks
- Go to Admin >> System Settings >> Background Tasks and click the config icon of Subscription Directly Task or Subscription Nightly Task and change the time
- Click Edit to configure and Set Subscription Nightly Task in two ways:
- Select Schedule type is Interval and then set Interval value: Background tasks will be running following this value
- Select Schedule type is Daily and then set Start Time: Background tasks will be daily running following this value
- Go to Homepage, Click "Notify Me". The popup will display on the page.
- Then Input the email address you want to Notify and click Subscribe button.
- Go to Homepage, Edit and check to Notify Subscriber and input notify data.
- Email is sent to the subscriber with Homepage notification data after 60 seconds.
Now you go to the e-mail box to check Subscription.
- The Nightly Task that sends data to the subscriber on the page is updated.
- When you click to unsubscribe in Email. It takes you to the redirect page "Stop Notifying me when content is updated" and subscriptionAction will be prompted for confirming the removal of update notifications then This page is deactivated from the user's "Notify Me".
- After the submitted Subscribe button, you will see the text at the bottom change to "You will be notified when this content changes. Remove"
- Go to the Admin site and see the left menu: Click on Modules » Subscription.
- Subscription is shown, 1 ACTIVE and 1 DEACTIVED with the deactivated date when you test the Unsubscribe Date Record function.
How to define the message Notify Me by an administrator
- Go to Admin >> System Setting >> International Settings >> Languages and click the Edit Resource link.
- Next, you search with Keyword "subscription" and Edit to update the message
Notification email and tell a friend to share via social
- Ensures users can elect to be notified once per day for updates or multiple times per day when updating
- Allow users to change their own "Notify Me" as they see fit through a user "Notify Me" interface
- When emails are sent to subscribers they will be presented with options to tell a friend, share via social Media
- This means each time a page is updated a notification email is sent to the subscribers
- Change the way to receive a subscription
- Enter your email and select the Directly option
Add or remove Share options
- Go to Admin >> Modules >> Subscriptions >> Subscription Templates and click the Edit icon.
Modifying the Subscription Template
- Copy an "LI" element and paste it inside the "UL" element then apply the colour property inside the "a" element for a new option.
- Delete an "LI" element to remove a share option.
Adding more Share options
- May add other share options with URL structure as an image below.
- Replace href for new social network want to add.
- Replace [TITLE] by @item.Page.Title, replace [URL] by @item.ViewUrl
- Press the Save button to save the template.
- Edit page content as the guide above, press Save then check your inbox email after 60 seconds. You received an e-mail.
- The content of the email should look like this:
How to Enable/Disable Subscription feature
- First, go to Admin Dashboard: Settings >> Site Settings
- Search the keyword in the Subscription Configuration textbox and click the Search button, then click the Edit icon on the grid to edit the setting
- Second, go to detail setting to disable/enabled subscribers' notifications then click Save to update
- Finally, go to the homepage and click edit on the right page to check the notification configuration.
- The edit popup will appear on the page, check box Notify Subscribers and textbox are not showing