- A Word document is a document in a file format created for the Microsoft Word program.
- All web documents are created in HTML.
- HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a markup or formatting language.
- It defines the way a document should look when printed or displayed.
- It also enables the linking of documents so the reader can click to navigate from one document to another.
- These links are what make the internet so useful.
- You do not need to know HTML, but you will need to keep a few simple rules in mind when laying out documents.
Be aware! When you copy and paste your text directly from a word document into the HTML text editor, it copies the word syntax along with the text. Hence, it contains hidden syntax that can make your text size and font seem different to the other text on the page.
Converting a document to HTML requires the removal of the MS Word syntax.
If you need to copy and paste from a word document, copy your text and use the paste from word option on the toolbar. Find more information onImporting text into WebEd